You have all heard of Where's Wally, well, we have our own version now. It is a game Jasper and I play...let me explain. Jasper is quite the social little being. I walk him at least once a day but often two long walks and on these walks Jasper has "his people"! There is the cleaner from downstairs who has no English, but chatters away in Chinese to Jasper and fusses and clucks his tongue, there is a veritable "team" of drivers both chinese and phillipino who hang about near the entrance waiting for their employers who are also firm friends with him. They pat him and get him to sit and roll their eyes when he rolls on his back for more attention. But, before all these admirers there was Won. There is a service station up the hill from us and one of the attendants there has made a big fuss of Jasper since I started walking him. He calls Jasper's name and Jasper bounds over and gets kisses and hugs and cuddles and generally climbs all over this guy. So after the first few days of this routine I felt really bad that I didn't know the mans name. Next time I will just look at his name badge I thought, (very clever of me I know), but alas it was all in Chinese....no help. So I asked straight out the following day, "I am so sorry, but I don't know your name?"
"Won" he answered, so I repeated "Won?" , "No, WON" he stressed, a little more timidly I said "Won?" "No, Won .....R....O....N".....ohhhhhh, I grinned Ron , "yes, Won!" he smiled a beaming big smile.
So now every time we walk past the service station I say "where's Won" and Jazzy looks eagerly all around for his first and favourite friend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment