
One of the things that I love about the twice I have travelled in India is the wonderfully interesting faces of the people we meet. I love that her people are so smiley and friendly and happy to have that "pesky foreigner" snapping away in their faces, and not only are patient and indulgent of such behaviour but smile and wave in return. (OK ,all except that lady who came at us with a stick- but she was the exception LOL)
Here are a few of my favourite faces from this most recent trip.
This lady was so sweet and kept gesturing for me to take her photo that I couldn't help but give her some money for tea afterwards. She was sitting on the side of a dusty highway, selling the lovely earthenware pots which are used to carry water on the women's heads.
This little sweetheart was all smiles until her relatives tried to make her "pose" for the picture- this was well before any official posing :)
This lovely , lovely lady was the lady who dealt with our stick weilding non-smiler lady and asked her , I think (since my hindi is absolutely non-existent), to "play nice" and she might get some tea. A a result we got a lovely "scowling" photo (check out that closed body language below), she got her tea and we were all mostly happy in the end.Here is our less than smiley friend ......
1 comment:
Wow, Kathryn. Your pictures are beautiful. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. And I want to see a picture of the four of you lovely ladies.
Post a Comment