
Mornings are usually a hive of hustle and bustle at our place. Breakfasts, getting ready for school , recording temperatures in each child's diary, lunchboxes ....you know how it goes.
So this morning in the midst of "business as usual" Riley looks up from his toast and asks...
"how does the atmosphere form?"
OK, so of the hundred things running through Mum's head at that moment, I know that wasn't one of them. "sorry babe, don't know"
This received an instant reply of "well who made all the trees?" A bit early for theology but I gave him a hasty and confident "well that would be God, honey" (maybe I have some answers after all) to which I was rewarded with another question faster than you can blink, "who invented handles?" "I don't know. Wait, did you say handles????"
Riley : Yes......
Me : What kind of handles?
Riley : You know, doors, drawers (nodding his head towards our lovely buffet and hutch, as if "are you dim or what")
Me : Still don't know honey, in fact, how could we know who made the first handle??????
Riley went back to his toast with a somewhat thoughtful expression, leaving me feeling TOTALLY inadequate as a source of knowledge to my kids, and it still only 6.15 am.
So if you have any answers to these or other interesting questions of the universe please fell free to forward them on.
1 comment:
Wow, Riley really went deep and philosophical this morning, hey? Who made the handles?!?!... oh come on Riley, so totally not fair to mom at 6:15 AM!!! Good luck Darling, you do have a seriously busy mornings ahead of you!! Can you just imagine what he asks when he is totally awake? Oh,. God bless you!
Love, Odila
Post a Comment