
happy birthday to me :)
I first saw these when we first lived in HK and finally I have one, thanks to my recent birthday. This is such a special and interesting little curio I wanted to share it with you.
This one is a restored antique, around one hundred years old although it is possible to get many reproductions here sold as freshly made "authentic" antiques.
But, I digress, it is a barber stool. It was used back in the days when barbers plyed their trade on the streets all over China. The bottom two drawers held their tools of trade, scissors ,combs etc and the top drawers collected the "coin" dropped through the slot on top as payment.
Super cool huh??
So now we have a fun new spare coin storage for the house and I have a lovely new birthday gift. happy birthday to me :)
1 comment:
Hello Darling, thanks for the history bit and indeed, happy birthdays to you! Very pretty way Mark chose to make you remember this date. Love, Odila
Post a Comment