OK, it has been brought to my attention that our blog is "top heavy" with Jasper info and was a little light on holiday details, including how important the arrival of our newest niece, Oriana. So sincere apologies and let me try to fill in a few gaps. We had a WONDERFUL, AWESOME 7 weeks in Australia and we did SO much in that time it really is hard to know where to start. I guess when I first posted on our return I was well and truly in back to HK mode and I find if I focus on how wonderful and easy it is in Australia it makes the transition back into life here more difficult, Don't get me wrong it is great here and we love our life, it is just different to that ease of being in your native environment- not to mention the very obvious elephant in the room, which is leaving behind our dear family to return.
So instead of trying to recount all the details I have decided to post some of the pages I have been doing of our summer adventures. There is a lovely page of Oriana coming with her Mum and Grandma but I still need to put finishing touches to it, I brought back some 20 + partially complete pages and so have been trying to get then finished in the last few days.
Lastly, in my defense, other than the fact that obviously Jasper is SUPER cute, he really is at the top of my consciousness at the minute since we are trying hard to re-housetrain him to the apartment and get him settled into the HK lifestyle which is obviously a big transition for a little puppy. Anyone who has ever had a puppy will likely recall just how much hard work they are so please indulge my "Mummy" phase to baby No 5!
2 comments:
I can only imagine how hard it was for you to leave your family!
One of my highschool friends just moved from the US to India for a few years. She started a blog and the link is on mine - a reason to write. You may be able to offer her some insight on the expat life.
Check it out when you ever have a breather.
Great Scrapbooking Kath, Keep them coming. Kids are beautiful. Take Care.
Jo.
Post a Comment